It is common knowledge that carrots have a high content of beta-carotene, which gives them the bright orange color, and contain large quantities of vitamin A. Ingesting carrots really does help your eyesight; but what does it do for you topically? What are the benefits when applied to the skin? It is proven that WHAT you apply to your skin IS absorbed. After all, some prescriptive medications are given topically.
WHAT DOES CARROT SEED DO FOR MY SKIN???
“The Wild Carrot (Daucus Carota) or Queen Annes Lace is one of many umbelliferous plants to be found growing around the world. Although the species name for this ferny plant with the elegant, white lacy flower is “Daucus carota”, the same one used for cultivated carrots it is not the same plant. As a member of the carrot family it has a long taproot and lacy leaves. Dig up and crush a Wild Carrot root and you will find that it smells just like a carrot. t is yellowish in color, spindle-shaped, slender, firm and woody; a pernicious weed in some areas.” http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/queen.html
Carrot seed essential oil has woody, herbaceous scent (great for Caveboys!)
- Helps to improve and maintain the elasticity of the skin
- Helps keep the skin firm and radiant which will help to reduce and eliminate wrinkles
- Stimulates red blood cells
- Rejuvenates dry and mature skin
- Balances oily and dry complexions (excellent for ALL skin types)
- Detoxifies the skin and eliminating excess water from skin tissue
- Can help protect skin from harmful UV rays, according to www.healthguidance.org. The presence of carotenoids helps to reduce the damage due to ultra violet rays therefor, protecting you from skin cancer http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/2400/1/Benefits-Of-Carrot-Carrot-Seed-Oil-And-Carrot-Root-Oil.html
Carrot seed essential oil is high in carotenoids and vitamin A and has many therapeutic and anti-aging advantages. Organic Carrot seed regenerates the epidermal skin cells and stimulates cell growth. It effectively rejuvenates aged, tired, dehydrated and damaged skin. Carrot Seed is rich in beta-carotene as well as vitamins B, C, D, and E, and improves the function of red blood cells thereby improving the tone and elasticity of the skin.
My carrot seed products are blended with complementary oils that synergistically provide numerous antioxidant and anti-aging benefits. Best of all, they are organic, paleo, gluten-free and vegan!
Because of the high vitamin A content, carrot seed should be avoided during pregnancy.